Sunday, April 8, 2012

Momminess...

Our oldest child, Celia turned 6 today. She is a beautiful, joyful, passionate child. Her heart is so big for people hurting, babies and any animal. She feels a responsibilty to take care of everyone. In fact, it is hard for her to separate from this part of her personality. She is always a little "mommy". For example, I just had surgery 3 weeks ago. I am not supposed to pick up a lot or bend or do any normal housework. Just the other day, our scoundrel dog catapoulted himself onto the table to try and eat our dyed Easter eggs when we were visiting at the neighbors. When we got home and I discovered the giant mess our dog had created, I texted our neighbor. She let Celia know that the dog had destroyed all our eggs and how does Celia respond, "Oh no, I need to go home and help Mommy to make sure she doesn't hurt herself picking up the mess." When Lisa told me this my heart melted for my sweet, sweet baby girl.
 
I can't believe Celia is 6. 6 is starting to get into big time kid.  We have moved past infancy, babyness, toddler, and pre-schooler.  We are now ankle-deep into school age.  How did this happen?  How did my beautiful, precious baby become a little girl?  My entrance into motherhood happened rather quickly after Andy and I got married.  We were not sure I could have children due to my surgeries from UC so we left it up to God.  We figured, when HE was ready for us to have a child, we were ready too.  Well,  HE was ready 6 weeks later and that was the end of our newlywed, only a couple life.  After an incredibly long, hard and sickful pregnancy, this beautiful, 6 pound, spitfire became part of our family and I will never be the same.  Being a mommy does not completely define who I am, there are many facets to me, but you can never take it out of me.  If God forbid, something happened to Celia and Charlie, the momminess would still be in me.  I am no longer the same creature I was at 25-  I have procreated.  Through our love, Andy and I have made 2 more human beings and with that my heart and soul changed.  I am a better (although some days it's hard to see it) person because I have to give my all to two little ones.  While some days I  look back at the pre-mommy me and wonder what I did with all my time or how it felt to have enough sleep, I never want to go back.  Instead I am still in awe and wonder that God has entrusted us to love and keep two little human beings here on earth and I treasure the future with them.  Happy 6th Birthday my Celia!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment