Friday, November 18, 2011

Things I love....

Today is my "baby's" birthday.  I can't believe he is four today!  I'm convinced that when you have children, time speeds up.  I am also continually amazed by how incredibly smart, sensitive and loving my children are and humbled by the fact the Lord has blessed me with two incredible beings to take care of on earth.  Really if I was HIM, I don't know if I would have even left me in charge of a fish.  That being said and with Thanksgiving around the corner I have been thinking about the things I love, so here it goes.....

The billion things I love:
1. Making lists (then promptly losing them and later finding them and realizing I completed everything on the list without even having the list!)
2. Making a menu for the week and then actually sticking to it.
3.  Making my children crack up with laughter over silliness.  They are convinced I know how to speak Korean :)
4. How my husband can clean up the kitchen/family room/any room in 15 minutes when it would take me hours because I OBSESS over every detail.
5. How God can not only use my flakiness but planned it they way.
6. When one of my non-speakers can finally speak English and I learn their "story"
7. When you walk outside and you can first smell winter- so fresh!!!
8. Snuggling under my covers after a very busy day
9. Hearing Charlie say "Mom this is the best meal ever!"
10.  Having Charlie say the prayer for dinner- "Thank you God for giving me spider man!  Thank you God for giving me spider man!  Thank you GOD FOR GIIIVVVVIIINGGGGG MMMEEEE ALLLL THHHEEE SUUUUUPPPPERRRR HEEEEROOOOESS!"  Complete with hand movements!
11.  Celia singing Away in a Manager while Andy plays the player.
12. Squinting and looking at Christmas lights.
13. Snow days
14. Thanksgiving
15. A date with my husband.

My list could go on and on, so I will stop here.  But I often get wrapped up in all my "to do" lists that I forget about my "to thank" lists.  In honor of Charlie, I'm "thanking" today.

No comments:

Post a Comment